The American Telemedicine Association (ATA) is seeking nominations for our annual President's Awards for the Advancement of Telemedicine. The President’s Awards for the Advancement of Telemedicine are provided annually in order to recognize substantial contributions toward the advancement of telemedicine. The awards will be presented at the next annual meeting of the Association May, 14-17, 2016 in Minneapolis, MN. Self-nominations are encouraged.
Click here to view previous awardees.
President's Award for Health Delivery Quality and Innovation
Sponsored by AMD Telemedicine
The President's Award for Health Delivery Quality and Innovation includes a $5,000 cash award. This award recognizes the leadership of an organization that incorporates virtual health care services (i.e. telemedicine) as part of an initiative resulting in improved quality and better value health care for a large population of patients. Consideration will include impact on the population served including special needs groups, academic output such as peer reviewed research and presentations, targeted education programs, number of sites, business case or business model, long-term sustainability, and effective partnerships and collaboration.
President's Award for Individual Leadership
Sponsored by Jay Sanders, MD of the Global Telemedicine Group
The President's Award for Individual Leadership recognizes individual leadership and championship at local, national or international level in promoting and advocating for telemedicine/telehealth, e-health. Contributions may be in one or more areas of education, research, service delivery, policy and regulations.
President's Award for Innovation in Remote Health Care
Sponsored by InTouch Health
The President's Award for Innovation in Remote Health Care recognizes advances in the telemedicine through one or more of the following:
• Innovative new technology development or adaptation
• Novel use of technology leading to innovative health applications and social services support at the individual or community level
• Creative strategies for removing barriers to implementation and adoption
• Innovative approaches to fostering partnerships and collaboration
• Innovative ways responding to needs of end-users, improve ergonomics
• New ideas, concepts, formulation and paradigms, and new ways of thinking “outside the box”
Nominations are now closed for the 2016 President's Awards.